Oversees the medical coding and billing function within the Department of OBGYN. Researches coding issues, assists with creating and maintaining a coding compliance plan for the Department. Prepares analytical reports on reimbursement patterns, maintains Department fee schedules, trains staff and physicians on coding issues; and provides updates on changes in coding and reimbursement directives. Works under general direction from Director of Administrative Operations.
1. Responsible for coding and batching charge tickets for professional and clinical services for the Department of OBGYN.
2. Develops and directs coding education for the OBGYN clinical faculty, residents, and staff. Provides routine and regular updates on changes in standardized coding systems such as ICD-9-CM, ICD-10, and CPT as it pertains to the practice of OBGYN.
3. Serves as principal liaison with UIC Physician Group Billing Service (WWT), collection agencies, UI-Health system billing, and with Government and Third-party insurance providers.
4. Serves as credentialing liaison with the Managed Care, Medical Staff Office, and UIC Physicians Group.
5. Responsible for developing and implementing a coding and billing compliance plan for the Department of OBGYN. Serves as liaison with UIC College of Medicine's Medical Practice Plan office to ensure overall billing and coding compliance for the Department of OBGYN.
6. Analyzes coding practices and develops plans to improve the coding and billing operations for the Department of OBGYN. Investigates reimbursement patterns for specific payors and/or procedures. Provides reports on findings and makes recommendations to mitigate issues identified from the analysis/investigation.
7. Responsible for maintaining and updating Department's fee schedules (charge description master) with current and active CPT codes as well as appropriate market pricing for those codes.
8. Performs periodic creviews of Department's charge tickets and researches needed updates.
9. Assists the Director of Administrative Operations in reviewing Managed Care contracts and advises on setting reimbursement rates, terms, and conditions.
10. Performs other relates duties as assigned.
To Apply: For fullest consideration, please complete an online application by clicking the Proceed to Application button below AND submit an Exam Request for Reimbursement Coding Specialist II.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Copyright 2012 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois | Web Privacy Statement