Search extended to May 15, 2014
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria is seeking a full-time faculty at the rank of assistant or associate professor, or professor. Candidates should be Board certified or eligible, and eligible for licensure in the State of Illinois. Prior experience in graduate medical education is highly desirable. Peoria is a family-friendly, midsize city with a low cost of living, excellent economic potential, and few big city hassles. Other advantages include many cultural and athletic attractions, short commutes to highly livable neighborhoods and good schools, easy access to major cities like Chicago and St. Louis, and a regional airport. Competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Apply at the following link:
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
1. Serve as a supervising attending physician for the Ob/Gyn Residency Program.
2. Supervise residents in assigned clinics.
3. Supervise residents in surgery.
4. Supervise the delivery of care to patients assigned to those clinics including the transfer of patients to the appropriate physician for any required treatment.
5. Instruct and oversee the residents in the clinics in a professional and appropriate manner.
6. Collaborate in the development of standards of care practice guidelines and care maps as appropriate for outpatient Ob/Gyn patients.
7. Participate in an ongoing interdisciplinary clinical quality improvement program.
8. Participate in planning activities related to the delivery of outpatient Ob/Gyn care.
9. Participate in medical student clinical teaching and medical student conferences.
10. Participate in the resident morning conferences.
11. Give presentations to the residents.
12. Take three to five calls per month.
1. Board certified or board eligible in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
2. Eligible for licensure in the State of Illinois.
3. Demonstrated ability in teaching medical students and residents preferred.
4. Preference will be given to persons with evidence of experience in medical education and in the clinical practice of obstetrics and gynecology.
The UIC is an AA/EOE.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Copyright 2012 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois | Web Privacy Statement