1. Provide guidance and advice to all key research personnel including UIC faculty, staff, and students in the area of human subject protections.
2. Advise research personnel in preparing research protocols and subsequent submissions for IRB/IBC/BRC review.
3. Pre-review all types of research protocol submissions to ensure that individual research protocols involving human subjects are in compliance with federal regulations and guidelines, state laws, and University policies and procedures for conducting research. This may require interaction with federal agency representatives, including the Office of Human Subject Protections (OHRP) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
4. Prepare agenda for the IRB, attend IRB meeting as an ex-officio member, and compose meeting minutes that accurately document the determinations of the IRB.
5. Maintain IRB/BRC/IBC required record keeping and prepare correspondence to UIC investigators, study sponsors, and regulatory agencies that document the determination of the IRB/BRC/IBC.
6. Provide other duties as assigned.
Copyright 2012 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois | Web Privacy Statement