Civil Service Positions
UI Health Nursing
Visiting Research Specialist in Public Health (id:27128)
School of Public Health-IHRP
The Institute for Health Research & Policy at the University of Illinois at Chicago is seeking multiple full-time (100% time) Visiting Research Specialists to collect data for a recently funded study of young adults use of non-cigarette tobacco products.
• Study recruitment canvassing throughout the Chicago area
• Administer screening surveys to determine eligibility of potential participants
• Obtain written consent for all participants
• Schedule and conduct data collection appointments throughout the Chicago area
• Administer surveys and semi-structured interviews using a variety of data collection instruments
• Track, clean, enter, and verify study data
• Additional office and field tasks as assigned
• Bachelors degree in social science or public health discipline preferred
• Must have a car, valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and a good driving record.
• Previous research experience preferred
• Evening and weekend availability will be required
• Very strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
• Must be an energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Familiar with Microsoft Office and SPSS
For fullest consideration, please submit application, resume and cover letter by January 7, 2013 to:
UIC is an AA/EOE
Back to Job Board
- view Federal and State notices related to employment at the University of Illinois.
Copyright 2012 The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois | Web Privacy Statement